Thursday, 22 August 2019
The story thus far.
The current printing of counter sheets comprises two parts: a special (custom) order; and a regular (Pre-order) printing. The special order weighs in at about 20 kg, which is about 8% of the total order.
Because of the multiple delays experienced over the past month, I asked that the special order be given priority. This morning I went to the printer's to pick up that order - and immediately saw that the sheets had been die-cut backwards, with the broken/wreck side "on top" (similar to what happened with HOB's German Captured Vehicles back in the day).
My printer, Keith, called the die-cutter, Val, to halt further die-cutting. I'm not sure how much of the rest of the order had been cut to that point. I guess I now have 20-40 kg of incorrectly die-cut counter sheets - aka kindling. And as we all know, Kindling is NA in 99.9% of ASL scenarios.
Keith has taken the lead to make sure that the necessary sheets are re-printed and properly die-cut, along with the rest of the order.
In short, more delays.